Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site

An Unofficial English Fan Site for Makoto Shinkai
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Some thoughts ...
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index ->
5 CM per Second
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
IsUa
Shortcut Anchor


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 249


Location: Portugal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Junpei wrote:
davus0 wrote:
I think when T took off the watch, in some sense he was saying it no longer mattered how long it took; he would wait for her forever.


Actually, she was the one waiting, but I understand what you are saying. In a situation such as that, time is meaningless.


Time...one of my favorite topics...hehehe

I think, it was Albert Einstein, that said "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

And my grandfather (very wise man), used to say something like that to me, "There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important things."


So, back to the theme... time waits for no one...hehehe...she indeed wait for no matter what...

And for Takaki...what can we say...there are somethings that start bad and end god...why...

because...this was the perfect case...The importance of being Late...hahaha...if this wasn't the case, he would never had the change to spend the night with the one he loves  Wink
_________________

Anyone dares to fight my brute: http://qwezzi.mybrute.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
davus0
Tracer


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 22



PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junpei wrote:
davus0 wrote:
I think when T took off the watch, in some sense he was saying it no longer mattered how long it took; he would wait for her forever.


Actually, she was the one waiting, but I understand what you are saying. In a situation such as that, time is meaningless.



What do you call sitting on a train if not waiting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IsUa
Shortcut Anchor


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 249


Location: Portugal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davus0 wrote:
Junpei wrote:
davus0 wrote:
I think when T took off the watch, in some sense he was saying it no longer mattered how long it took; he would wait for her forever.


Actually, she was the one waiting, but I understand what you are saying. In a situation such as that, time is meaningless.



What do you call sitting on a train if not waiting?



I just, call... Late... hahaha

So... when you have an encounter/date with another person... the first to arrive, just waits for the other

I believe... that the point here... is that, she's already there... he's the one that is going to meet/be with her Wink

So... she's is the one that is really waiting...he's waiting for the train start working (it's a forced waiting, for other reasons)... he just can't go to another site/place Wink

But... I like your thinking... hahaha... this way you never get late for nothing... hahaha
_________________

Anyone dares to fight my brute: http://qwezzi.mybrute.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Junpei
VNP 46b-512


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 873


Location: Australia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can put that together and they're both waiting. Waiting for the so called "time" distance between them to lessen up to the point where they are finally together again and nothing else matters. Their past was together, their present is together and their future will be together. Their lives are devoted to being together and they live happily forever... what am I saying?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
tyblazitar
Tracer


Joined: 31 Mar 2010
Posts: 1


Location: Oslo, Norway

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always interpreted Takaki's reluctance as a doubt within him. He was best friends with, even madly in love with Akari, and he knew she had feelings for him. But still, when the cruel ways of fate separated them, his inner doubts flourished. Weren't they only kids? Wouldn't it be foolish to keep chasing the dream? He writes the messages while reminiscing, but stops himself from sending them, instead attempting to force himself to forget about her, because that seems like the adult, logical thing to do. Takaki is a bright guy, and to me seems like the kind of person who could very well let this kind of logic, this kind of cold, rational thinking be an obstacle for his true feelings (but never managing to completely succeed, always retaining that little ray of hope). Besides, if we think of Takaki as somewhat of a bullying victim, or at least an unpopular person (I might be stretching this a bit, I realize) early in his life, when he only had Akari, he might also have issues with his self-esteem, making thoughts like "no, she probably doesn't care about me anymore" more prone to appearing.

But yeah, I may very well be over-analyzing this a tad. :p
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MacMardigan72
Tracer


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 12



PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: TimeLine of Chapter 3: HAPPY ENDING. Reply with quote

Well, after examine carefully the dates, I have noticed that at the end they are living together... Ah, forgive me for my english. I'm spanish and my level of english is not as perfect as I would like. There is the timeline talling briefly the facts based on the dates we can see at the movie. If someone wants to ask me about, I will reply.

December, 24-25:Akari finds the letter. Travels to tokyo. Calls to Takaki.
February, 2-3: Takaki reads Risa's last messages. He realizes he has lost what he most wanted (Akari). He calls Akari.
March, last week: Date of the possible Akari's wedding.
April, 6: Tataki meets Akari again at the same cross in wich they promised see again. This is not casual, I think they dated together here. I have to remark one think: The positioning of Akari's right arm and hand. It looks she's showing her right hand (Maybe she is telling to Takaki she's not married yet). Another important fact: at that time Takaki doesn't have any sentimental relationship, Akari is engaged.
April, 14: Tataki and Akari come together? One key. CG = Common Goals?
July 3: The beginng of Chapter 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Laz
Laz


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 1330



PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that might be a happier ending for Takai and Akari if you wanted them to get back together He fiance might not be too happy.

As much as I want Takaki to find happiness at the end I think he can really only find it by moving on past Akari .. but you never know. That's why Shinkai leaves the movies so open-ended, so we can discuss things like this Smile

Laz
_________________
You're a woman, I'm a calf ... you're a window, I'm a knife ... we come together making chance into starlight ... - Jeff Buckley

ここにいるよ. - Voices of a Distant Star
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MacMardigan72
Tracer


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 12



PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key of the movie is that: life is not as simple boy gets the girl. That's why probably Shinkay did that end, but, in the other hand she "put" evidences so we can find out what really happened. The white board with date anotations is very helpful. And what we see at Takaki's work room too...

P.D: Who dares about Akai's fiance??  Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MacMardigan72
Tracer


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 12



PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. It's not that I wish Tataki gets Akari, what I want is understand the end of the movie because Akari's behavior at the end was rare, but now I understand. Look, that movie show us that Akari recognized Takaki (and Takaki an Akari turn to see if the other turn, that demonstrate both they didn' forget each other). why did she go without wait the trains pass? That's an evidence for Takaki. She is still engaged but she go to quit the last obstacle (her future wedding) so they can be together. And the sad face of Tatali and his smile after mean that he is sad because she has go but he understand the reason: She loves him an want to live with him (that's the meaning when Tataki says "I knew she felt the same as me" because Takaki loves her and want to live with her). When Tataki goes his way with a confident smile is because he knows she will back. Until then he will live and wait for her.

And if Akari's fiance is unhappy, it is worst spend your live without the person you love.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MacMardigan72
Tracer


Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Posts: 12



PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I' tell you more. If the people believe the "bad-ending" is because all have seen Akari happy with her fiance. But that's not true. If you look the engagement ring, it's not the same ring we see at the train...

Now ask yourself why is so important the december 25? Why he remeber that day? Because it's the day that Akari called him telling she was at Tokyo because she was about to marry...and probably she asked to accomplish the promise they made when they were childs.

So that scene we see Akari happy is in fact Tataki thinking about Akari's call at December 25...

And there is more...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index ->
5 CM per Second
All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Count Down to Global Shinkai Festival 4
Check out the SHOUTcast here ...

Minicaster Radio Playhead

To listen you must install Flash Player. Visit Draftlight Networks for more info.



Recent Posts
fan made movie
space elevator love story
My day in Tokyo and my pseudo-interview with Shinkai-san
A bit of fanart - Letters
Shinkai Anime Details
Shinkai Makoto auf deutsch
What does Sayuri read in school?
Neko
Hello
New Shinkai Film: Kotonoha no Niwa

Top posters
Laz 1330
Junpei 873
Dy.laneA 825
gleowine 415
zitch 306
IsUa 249
Nick 243
Phantast 196
Maltos 160
Janny 147




This Space for Rent

(Reserved)


Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum