Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site

An Unofficial English Fan Site for Makoto Shinkai

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fan made movie
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index ->
The Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowb321
Lysithea

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: fan made movie  Reply with quote

a few months i did a movie in Shinkai's style, pls watch and comment.

chowb321

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM6WO8gdwVU
Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By comment do you want a critique? I definently have alot to say about this. It's nice to see you put the effort into something like this haha. Many things I feel could be so much better though. Ill tell you what I feel if you want.
My Conceptart.org Sketchbook
chowb321
Lysithea

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure ok.
Junpei
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many things I want to say also. The effort put into this must be a lot of work, so that's good.
Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill post my thoughts when I feel I have more time, it would take me awhile I think haha.
Laz
Laz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ... nice film.

I liked the use of the music from Voices, I also liked the outside cloud/sky shots that you included. Nice little story ... decent editing.

Laz

ここにいるよ. - Voices of a Distant Star
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Junpei
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the use of sky/clouds, music, editing were good. In fact, I would say how everything put together were nicely done. It's just the acting that seem to pull it down.
Laz
Laz

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell ya what ... I'm guessing chowb321 is not a professional actor or cinematographer or anything .. so I have to cut him some slack. I liked it though, good job.

Laz

ここにいるよ. - Voices of a Distant Star
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright ill start working no my critique now =) It's not edited and I most likely repeated my self, I will work more on it later. How ever if you have any questions on thigns I addressed please ask and I will give oyu my input.

Are you going to share this at a film festival? I believe you should haha! Would be a shame not to!

Alright the major motives in the movie I felt could have been more predominant. Time is what you use to separate the two, but with just the change in scenery alone I have a hard time noticing time going by.

Most likely this was due to the times you filmed certain scenes. But for example when the character sees the girl sitting down and waves at him over. He states "two days" went by. How ever the scenery has drastically changed. It's now fall not summer!

Some thing to keep in mind if you try this thing again. be thinking of how you can demonstait the motive you have more effectively.

The opening scene I felt was weak and I was unsure what was going on and what you wated to say with certain things. I feel you ment to say certain things like for example he's tired. This could show he put alot of effort getting there.

The transition was weak though, I didnt understand where we was going or what the phone call was about or what he was doing before hand. He looked sad somehow not necessarily being lazy. I would assume he was happy at the opening. If not just consider him being happy, it works better for the story I fell.

So he's tired then the girl slaps his hand and he can run now. Again the transition was weak. This transition could have been strengthened by like a close up on his face showing him smiling for example. I feel we just need the feeling that she pushed him more just being there.

So to summarize I feel you just need to keep an eye on the transitions in the movie. The development of the chracters the scenery, how you communicate what is happening.

For example at the start we see him run out, and then he is oiut side. Maybe show him running down a stair well inbetween to give us a sense of transition?
Junpei
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmhmm, I know they weren't experienced actors so now's an excellent time to start learning if you want to keep on doing cinematography. I would say you should chowb321, I liked the overall way you filmed this.

Agreeing with Menasha, the transitions could have been much more stronger and effective. You will need to work on the emotions shown, like in a close up as Menasha stated and every other scene which includes his emotions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index ->
The Arts