Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site

An Unofficial English Fan Site for Makoto Shinkai

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to Cherry Blossoms Falling ...
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Laz
Laz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Welcome to Cherry Blossoms Falling ...  Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got done watching 5 CM per Seconds and I went online to look to see if there were any fan sites for Makoto Shinkai. I knew there is one based in Japan by Daike (http://daike.hp.infoseek.co.jp/index.html) and that the Forums there are closed. I found several reviews about 5 CM per Second, but I couldn't find an English Fan Site. So ... ta da ... I created one.

How I got interested in the works of Shinkai:
I walked into a screening of 5 CM per Second at Otakon and had no clue what it was that I was watching but I was blown away by the visuals and the story telling. At the end ... I had to learn more about Makoto Shinkai and definitely get whatever he had created. I have since purchased all the films and I haven't been disappointed by any of them.

Anyway ... I figured I'd throw this board together to see if there were other people out there that love these works of art as much as I do. I hope so.

For those of you that have been looking for a place to discuss the works of Shinkai, "I am here" Smile

Laz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the_emh
Lysithea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hia.
Great to see that there is finally a dedicated English forum site.

My first experience of Makoto Shinkaiís works was about 18 months ago when I went looking for sci-fi anime at JB hi-fi. Up until then I had never really been interested in mecha anime and so the cover put me off a bit. But dew to the lack of other movies I read the blurb and found it to be nothing like what I was expecting, and that is sounded different to almost any anime I had seen up to that point. I bought the DVD and watched it as soon as I got home.

I loved every bit of it and the end made me cry. Except for the character animation it was the most beautiful movie I had ever watched and is now my favourite movie ever. I then went on the internet and found to find other works by him. I was ecstatic to find the full feature length Kumo no Mukou (far beyond the clouds) and as the following day was Sunday and so shops where closed I downloaded it because I could not wait.

On Monday I went and bought two copies of Kumo no Mukou and another of voices.

About this time last year info about Byousuko 5cm was released along with the first third of the movie. I felt at first that it was lacking somewhat, but decided that this was probably because only seeing one third of the movie.

When it finally came out in cinemas I checked torrent sites daily for it. But it was not until the DVD was released (about 3 months later) that anywhere uploaded and then I had to wait about a week for someone to sub it. When I finally got to watch it I was as blown away as when I saw voices for the first time. Until I saw the ending. I felt that the ending was grossly miscalculated. However upon watching it again I felt more comfortable with it and now I feel that to end it any other way would have spoilt the movie.

Well there are my thoughts in so many words. What are everyone elseís.
Gregasus
Tracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first encounter with mr Shinkai's work was a year or two after voices when I happend to see the US trailer wich gave me a totaly wrong image of the movie.
And when I picked it up some time later my first impression was 'Is that it?' but after doing some more research on mr Shinkai I got a beter understanding of it and I was so blow away the second time I watched it I went and watched it a third and fourth time the same day.

And so I became the only(to my knowledge) Belgian fan of mr Shinkai's work, and so far I never met anyone in my country who knowed or liked it.

His work has also been an inspirement in my line of studie.(Grafical webdesign)
Laz
Laz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site guys.

You do not know how happy I am that some other people joined this site Smile I was almost going to start a conversation with myself on here.

I've been watching a lot of my other love (Macross/Robotech) but will probably throw in Voices tonight and have a bunch to post.

Thanks,
Laz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Velaciela
Tracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is Velaciela and I'm a French fan of Shinkai's works Wink

This is really a good idea, the creation of this forum, I didn't find any on Makoto Shinkai Works, thanks to you.

I don't write in english very often but I count on your cooperation Twisted Evil  (I doubt I will write long text anyway)

Well see ya^^
Laz
Laz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hi Velaciela!

Welcome to the boards Smile

If you want to write in French I can translate Smile Please come back often and feel free to participate Smile

Laz
Velaciela
Tracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but if you understand well what I say, I think it's okay^^
george
Tracer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Iím from Hungary, a little country in Central Europe with an anime community riseing with the speed of light. My english knowledge is limited, so i appologize if i will write abstruse sentences.

Great to see that an english based Shinkai Makoto forum is existing. Itís very important to spread the world of the sensei. Many thanks to you, Laz.

The first work of Shinkai-sensei i attended was Beyond the Clouds approx. 3 years ago. This is my all time favorite Shinkai film. After reading a review and eyeing some screenshots in a hungarian anime site, i got interested, and soon i watched this wonder. Well, words donít come easy to express the influence. It touched my heart, brought me to tears, when i first heard that miracoulos violin solo i felt creepy. There was nothing before this film that made me so spellbound, i have never been in this state of mind. Iím a typical heroic-romantic type, i fully understand and admire those things. True love conquers time and distance, moreover it can bridge dimension, how a beautiful and precious thought. I started wanting to know everything about the creator, i became a Shinkai Makoto fan.

I attended all the works of Shinkai Makoto one after the other, and all of them caused a more or less similar impression. Byousoku 5cm was a bit deception for me, i hoped and wished so much that Akari and Takaki will be together again. Even so i love this, too. I will write about the concrete works in their topics.

A short time ago i ordered all the works of Shinkai-sensei in original japanese edition from Japan, i have the Byousoku 5cm Limited Edition Package with the signature of the sensei, i am very happy becaouse of this.

Iíll be back.
Laz
Laz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George!!!!

Welcome to the site Smile

It's always great to hear from other Shinkai fans. So far everyones English is better than mine Smile

I hope you enjoy the group here.

Laz
Junpei
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konnichiwa minasan, douzo yoroshiku! Hello everyone, pleased to meet you! Razz

Well, I first found out about 5CM and that was when I was "Anime surfing".

I am a fan of Drama, sadness, some comedy and romance types of Anime. While browsing sites where I could read about some of them so I can find a new Anime to watch, I stumbled across 5 Centimeters Per Second. After I have read the info on it in Wikipedia, I went straightaway to watch it online.

I cannot explain in detail the emotions I had afterwards. It was, no, is the best thing I have watched in my life that made me realise how strong emotions are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: