Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site

An Unofficial English Fan Site for Makoto Shinkai

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Menasha's Illustrations
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index ->
The Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Menasha's Illustrations  Reply with quote

A place for my art  Very Happy

Last edited by Dy.laneA on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was done for a character design contest I entered today, I felt something was missing. But relised I forgot about the little texture by where she is "sitting".

I remeber starting but got sidetracked and was painting somethign else! Wanted to give the impression was was sitting, but at same time not really.

The short discription I gave was "For a moment in time it was as if nothing else was there, all that was were her feelings, his soul and there room."

(That last part I got from She and Her Cat Sub by Kick ass anime, very powerful writeing there, but fit this painting so well I though what the heck!

Originally this character was a lay out I did with vegtables and lettuce for my Art 31 class. My teacher wanted us to make some sort of set up to draw form to get inpriation for our first project. Ill up load that later hen I go back to school on Wedsday it's at school.

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a sketch I never really finished, I wanted to try out a style sort of like "Yoshiyuki Sadamoto " (The guy who did that characters for Evangleion)

I used the pose from NHK Vollume 1  that Misaki is in as reference. At this point I have trouble drawing poses form my mind, but getting better.

She was a character I made for a story I started to write but never finished I did not like where it was heading!

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, one of my first paintings! I like it alot though my art teacher doesnt enjoy how it doesnt have a solid focal point, but that's the point I feel. It's suppost to tell a short story. If it's possible to piece it together.

I would hope the viewer to be drawn into the moon figure area first since that is where the story starts, then it flows in a circular motion...

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A gift for my mom, did this befor the character design painting and tried the same type of style, I feel my last one was more succesful! She wanted me to paint a fairt for her work office so i did.

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was a very spontaneous drawing... at first my inpriation came from the character tri-edge from .hack.

I just drew and pieced it together as I went along, most of my paintings are done that way actually. I don't useally have a set idea in mind at first. Resently I've goten better at haveing an idea first then going along with that, but maybe I should do some more spontaeous abstarct stuff again soon.

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was for a short story that I never put down on paper actually... It's a fantasical story about two lovers and a war that pulls them apart. The male lover is lost in a battle, which brings the lady into dispare exept she is unable to coup with it normaly.

She begins to become emotionaly unstable and eventually, isolates her self from the world in the mountains to wollo in her sorrow. She meets a evil fairy who claims she can bring him back to life, for a half of her soul.

The fairy's words were a little misleading how ever and the deal does not turn out as happily as she expected. But she's able to life with what she has now...

Weird story! Forgot how most of it went so I just made it up on the spot right here and now!

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ink... I love ink.

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First painting I ever did two years ago! The boy is feeling lonely... he feels he's missing something, things start to leave him in the form of butterflies. So he sits on a swing hopeing for the bad times to pass.

Dy.laneA
VNP 46b-512

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More lonelyness! Basically it was bassed on feelings I had for people I have been in realationships with but they seem to faid away... I have a hard time of letting go and that flaw is what hurts me so much.

I've grown though, and I'm much better at these things now, they can still hurt but I can live!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Makoto Shinkai English Fan Forum and Site Forum Index ->
The Arts